Friday, July 16, 2010

Trail of the Twister Rocks!

Hi Guys! It's me! I am really excited to say that...

I SOLVED TRAIL OF THE TWISTER!!!!

Okay, so I know that many of you have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, I'll tell you.

I am in Love with this series of Computer games by Her Interactive. They are Nancy Drew computer games. There are 22 in the series so far, and they have been making the games since 1998. The newest game that came out, came out on June 29th of this year. And of course, I got the game the day it came out. :) That game is Trail of the Twister. Out of all the 22 games, I have played them all, own 19 of them, and have solved 14 of them. The games are full of puzzles and games. You have to question suspects, sneak around, and at the end of the game, confront who you think did it. In the games, you have second chances. Which means that if you do something that your not supposed to do, (Get in a car crash, fall off a ladder, or blow something up. Stuff like that) You can get a second chance, which means that you can start from just before you did that. You don't have limits to second chances. I remember the one I had the hardest part was in the game Secret of Shadow Ranch. You had to get up on a horse. But the only problem was, that I kept falling off the horse. I had no idea why. I probley got a second Chance about 20 times before I figured out why I kept falling off. (I didn't tighten the Cinch.) Pretty dumb of me, right? lol. So that's kinda what the games are like. I'm going to tell you a little about Trail of the Twister.


$100,000,000 is at stake in this competition to discover a formula to predict tornado touchdowns. But when equipment starts failing and crew members are injured, you as Nancy Drew, must join the team to keep them in the competition. Is it just bad luck that's plaguing the storm chasers or is someone sabotaging their chances of winning in Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister?

This is home base - always come back here if something goes wrong. But what do you do if the threat is coming from within the team?


TOUCHDOWN! Be careful when chasing storms or you'll wind up in the decimated debris!


A threatening cloud gathers over the homestead - is this an ominous sign of things to come?


Budgets are tights and with all the accidents, will the team run out of funding and chances?

We're not finished yet! Not it's time to Meet the Suspects!

Scott Varnell Leader of the Canute Storm Chasers and professor at the University. Although he might be in charge of the team, he's quick to blame others for all of the troubles they're having instead of taking responsibility. Is he trying to divert attention from something he has done?

Debbie Kircum
Debbie is eager, passionate, and dedicated to her work. As Scott's right hand, she handles the majority of the day to day operations of the team. At times it seems like she does most of the work but receives the least amount of credit, could she be sabotaging the team to show them just how important she really is?

Frosty Harlow
Toby "Frosty" Harlow is the team's media expert who earned his nickname from a close encounter with a large and dangerous storm. The nickname unfortunately went to his head and continues whet his appetite for fame and fortune. Would he go so far as to sellout his own team just to make his financial dreams come true?

Chase Relerford
As a meteorology undergrad student, spending his first season out in the field, Chase is a remarkably good mechanic. He is capable of fixing everything from computers to cars, and as far as he's concerned, "there's no saboteur, things just get broke and have to be fixed." If he's so good with machines, why doesn't he notice the sabotage, or is he just covering for his own crimes?

Pa
Pa runs the Ma and Pa Convenience Store and local oddity museum (donations welcome). He's got a lot of experience with Oklahoma weather and seems to think of the researchers as naive city-folk. But out here in 'the sticks', Ma and Pa's is the only place for a team to get supplies and gas. Would Pa stoop to sabotage to keep the storm-chasing clientele coming back for more?


Doesn't it sound like fun! The game was awesome! I loved that you could be a storm chaser and actually work on a team. I really enjoyed the game. The part that I didn't like about it, was that it seamed to short. I finished it in about a week. Which is pretty quick in solving a game. Anyway, if you thought the game looked cool, you should buy it, or one of the other games in the series. They sell them at Target (Where I got mine) Walmart, Gamestop, Amazon, and there website, www.herinteractive.com I have loved playing these games.

I played my first one, (Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake) When I was 7, (7 years ago) I was so freaked out by that game, I was such a scardy cat! But by playing these games, it's made me realize that you don't have to be a special agent or spy to be adventurous. The games have helped me look at things in life a different way. Before when I would hear a sound in my room at night, I would cover up under the blankets and cover my ears. Now, if I hear a sound, I will get up, and try to figure out what it is. The games have helped me do things that I would been to chicken to do before. I hope that you guys can try one of these games, and have fun with it. If you haven't played one of these games before, and you want to, I would recommend ether Danger by Design (#14) Or White Wolf of Icicle Creek (#17) If you are more into the scary games, then I would recommend Curse of Blackmoore Manor (#11) Or Haunting of Castle Malloy. (#19) Whatever you choose, please tell me what you think of them. I would love to know! And I promise that if you decide to give one a try, you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I have two of the games but I could never figure them out. :/