Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner in my Backyard

About 20 minutes ago, I am walking out of the living room into the dining room. I happen to glance out the backyard window, and nearly freak out.

What is standing in my backyard?

a turkey.

Yeah.

See, we live in the country, but we are less than a mile from a pretty large town.

Sure, we have neighbors with horses, and chickens, but they live several houses down.

We have never had any of their animals come in our backyard.

And I don't think this turkey is one of theirs.

It could fly. 

Most farmers with turkeys will clip their wings, so they don't fly off. So, I am guessing that this is a wild turkey. 

It was to far away to tell for sure, but I believe it is a female, since she doesn't have the waddle. (I believe that  is what you call it)

At first, I thought it was a peacock...but I had never seen a peacock that big...


It was very strange...

I guess he was trying to get away from the dinner table...lol

Thanks for reading! ~Sam

No comments: