Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coming Together...

It's gonna work...I know it's gonna work.

The play is on Saturday. Today is Tuesday. I am really starting to feel like it is now coming together. I actually didn't feel stressed coming out of practice Sunday night. They are showing me that they can do it. And I am really excited now.

"All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose..."

I know that now. In fact, I have known that from the beginning. That is what I wrote the play about. When things go wrong for the lead character in the play, she asks God to help them, and that is when the others realize that they were all being...Brats.

But things still go wrong, but God gives Olivia the wisdom to know what to do. So I am now asking God to give me the same wisdom that he gave my fictitious Character. I believe that with his help, all things will work together for good.

The last scene of the play, Olivia is standing backstage, getting ready for the show to start. That's when she gets the news that the stable fell over. Olivia calmly takes care of the problem. Then, she find out that baby Jesus just spit up on Mary. Olivia has an extra costume just in case something did happen. And she also had extra chairs just in case there were a lot of people that showed up the night of the performance. So when all the seats were filled up, and more people came to see the play, she was prepared for that as well.

Olivia was ready. I want to be ready like her. It is kinda strange to think that my roll model at the moment is a character from my own imagination.

The only problem I have now, is the fact that the Narrator just came down with Mono. She says that she will be  better by Saturday, but I am not sure. If she doesn't get better, I will have to take her part. Which, isn't that big a deal, because all she does through the whole play is sit at a desk and read a letter out loud. But I would feel so much better if everyone was happy and healthy the night of the plays.

Last week, I was actually happy that there was no snow on the ground. Since last year, a lot of people couldn't make it to the play because of a snow storm. Well, when I wake up this morning, there is an inch of snow on the ground. Oh, I love snow, but I am hoping that it stays as calm as it is now, or melts by this weekend.

I shouldn't sound cranky. I'm not. But I will say, I will be back to my normal self by next Monday. The play will be over, Christmas will be upon us, and I would be thrilled if a foot of snow fell at my doorway.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys. I will make sure that you all know how this play turns out. :)  

And for your enjoyment...here is a scene from the play. It is the scene when James, (Played by my brother Collin) Is trying to say his lines without a script. Sorry the camera is so shaky. I was laughing so hard when he fell down the steps. (He is not doing that in the real show!!) lol




No comments: