Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Happy Day after Christmas!

How was your holiday week? Mine was great! Unlike the past few years, I had absolutely nothing that I had to do Christmas week, beside record for my CD, but that really wasn't that big of a deal. For as long as I can remember, I either had a Christmas concert to rehearse for, a Christmas program that stressed me out, or some other thing that I was obligated to fufill. I never usually minded doing those thing. I had the choice to say no in the first place, but to me, being busy was what made the Christmas season so memorable.

This year however, I spent most of my Christmas time just relaxing. I'd watch Christmas movies, wrap presents, and bacially, just hang out around home. You'd think being much less busy would make the time super slow, but actually, Christmas seemed to creep up on us very quickly.

My day was very enjoyable. We did our annual Christmas morning routine, where we read the Christmas story, (This year, we read the KJV, so we could say it like Linus in a Charlie Brown Christmas.) Then we open our gifts, and finally, finish off with a coffee cake breakfast.

All of that went perfect. But shortly after, (around 10am) I was hit with what I call, "a dizzy spell." I absolutly hate these. What happens, is I all of a sudden start feeling very dizzy. I can't seem to focus on anything. My head feels like it is spinning. The dizzy feeling in my eyes quickly start making my head hurt very badly. The pounding is incredible, and makes it nearly impossible to do anything without having to sit down, being afraid that you're going to fall.

By this time, I am so dizzy that I couldn't even see out of my left eye. It was like a very blurry camera. This causes my stomach to start feeling weak. This happens once ever few weeks. I went to the doctor because of it, and I was given glasses, and they have worked wonders. But even with them on, sometimes it still happens. And out of all the days for it to occur, it had to be on my favorite day of the year.

I thank God that it only lasted a few hours. (The last time this happened in early November, I was sick in bed for two days.) By 2pm, I was feeling almost totally healed, and beside from just a tiny headache, which I am assuming were sinus related, I was all better.

By that time, we had driven to my aunt's in Ohio for Christmas dinner. I was not up for eating, since I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep it in. A little after noon, once I was feeling a little better, I ate a few grapes, and that seemed to help a lot. It wasn't until that night when I got my share of a real Christmas dinner, and could actually enjoy it. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn pudding, macaroni salad, and homemade rolls. (Since it was leftover from lunch, all of the meat was gone, but I didn't mind. Everything that I ate tasted amazing!)

When I woke up this morning, I felt even better, along with the surprise that it had snowed some over night. It looks like we did have a white Christmas after all.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I had a great Christmas under the circumstance. When we got back home, I decided to make a video showing everything that I got for Christmas. I guess it is a good thing I edited it, because it was 19 minutes at first! I'm glad I was able to shorten it to 11.

Anyway, if you decide to watch, I hope you enjoy. You'll notice that I am very strangly white in this video. Not only am I like that all of the time, but it doesn't help that I am sitting next to my open window, (which, like I said, had snow on the other side of it.)

So...I guess that's it for now. I am going to be posting a lot more on this blog as 2014 comes to a start. I will tell you why, and my plans for the new year in the next week.



Have a great last week of 2013 guys!

~Sam

No comments: