Last Thursday, I was at my friends house. We were watching the Walton's on the Hallmark channel. (We both love that show) While we were watching it, Abby, (my friend) noticed that I started itching my ankle. "What's wrong?" She asked. "I don't know," I said. "I guess just bug bites."
During the summer, I am always getting bitten by bugs. I guess they just find me extra tasty. Anyway, so, the next day, I could tell that it wasn't bug bites...maybe because it itched a lot more than bug bites usually do. But I was pretty sure that it was something else, just by looking it it.
It had broken out...really bad.
I could tell then that it was poison ivy.
I have no idea how I got it. True, we have a ditch full of trees and vines (And Poison Ivy) on our property, but I never go in the ditch. None of my brothers had it at the time, so I couldn't have gotten it from them. And true, at my friends house, they could have poison ivy in their yard, but I didn't go any weird place. So, I really had no idea how I got it.
On Saturday, it was super itchy. My mom gave me some cream to put on it, and then we wrapped it up in a long, cloth band-aid. I would take it off every night to put more cream on it, and look at it. It kept looking worse.
Finally, I got used to the feel of it, and stopped messing with it. But It still hurt, and itched like crazy.
That was almost 2 weeks ago.
And guess what??
I still have it.
In fact, it is itchy...right now.
I figured that I got the poison ivy from my dog, who probably got into it, and then gave it to me. Now all of my brothers have it.
They are not very big fans of me right now.
Anyway, hoping to put more posts up soon.
The topic of my next post? My new laptop.
Thanks for reading!!