Monday, August 1, 2011

What's been going on. :)

Wow! I can't believe it is already August! I don't know about you, but it seamed that July just flew right by. I am happy that this is the last week of summer. I am really looking forward to fall. One of the things that we do every September or October is go get our Christmas pictures done. It is fun, because we always go to the mall, and buy clothes to wear in the pictures. We probably won't go clothes shopping until about a week or so before we get our pictures done. I love getting them done. It is so fun! :) 

Anyway, so this week is fair week! It started yesterday. I love the fair! It is the thing that everyone here in Monroe looks forward to. People from all over the town will come to it. This year, we did 4-H for the first time. I entered 6 things...

A Cheesecake
A Coffee Cake
A Birdhouse
Soap 
Photography
and A Fleece Pillow

Plus...I got 1st place on all of them! :) I even got an honors on my cheesecake. :) That means I just got myself $18.00! :) What am I gonna do with that money? Put it with my other $40.00 so I can get a doll sometime this fall. :) And no, I am not too old for dolls. I still love them and collect them. And I probably will for the rest of  my life. :D

Okay, so in my last post, I said that I was going to talk about my new laptop. Well, a few weeks ago, my brother was looking at the sales paper, and he found the one for Staples. On the front of it, was a laptop for $300.00 (It was on sale) So, I showed it to my mom, and that afternoon, we went over to look at it, since I needed a new one.

We went over there, and we were told that they didn't carry that certain laptop. But they showed us one that was only about $50.00 more, that they did have. It was an Acer. 

I thought it looked fine, so that day, we took it home with us. When we first set it up, I didn't like it. I guess I wasn't used to it. But, soon, I started liking it. In fact, I love it. :) It is super fast, and I like how it is just mine. My brother Collin gets to use it too, but it gets to stay in my room. (yay!) Plus, the battery life is awesome! Right now, it isn't plugged in, and it says it has 29% left on it. That's an hour and 25 minutes left on it!!! :) lol

Anyway, so thanks for reading. Sorry I haven't posted much. I will try to post more this month. Thanks! Sam. :D :D :D :D

No comments: