Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Photo Preparation=Hair Cut and Ears Pierced.

So, for the last 4 years, my mom has taken me and my brothers to go get Fall Photos done. (She will put these pictures in the Christmas cards we send out)

2008 (I was 12)

2009

2010

So, this year, I wanted to do something different. I pretty much look the same in these pictures. Long hair, and braces.

Well, this year, I got my hair cut. It isn't super short, but it is about an inch past my shoulders. I don't have braces anymore, so that will be different. Plus, I know you can't see it in these pictures, but I don't have my ears pierced. 

The reason why?

I was afraid.

Stupid reason, I know, but I just kept thinking about something going through my ear...ouch!

But then, a few weeks ago, I thought that I could handle it. I mean, I have had dozens of shots and thumb pokes, plus I have had my wisdom teeth taken out before they were even all the way in. (Which to tell you, hurt like crazy!!)

Anyway, so, I told my mom that I wanted to get them done before we got our pictures done this year. 

And her answer?

Sure, we'll go to Claire's on Friday.

It was Tuesday.

I was excited. I mean, I would finally be able to wear the cute earrings that Claire's sold. But, beauty must have a price...

I was stupid and decided to go on youtube, and look up ear piercing videos.

Bad Idea.

Pretty much every video I saw was a 10 year old or younger getting them done. And of course, they would start screaming from the pain. 

Just watching them made my fingers get all sweaty. But, I knew that if I wanted to get them done, I had to do them before I was too afraid.

So, on Friday afternoon, we went to the Mall.

The closer we got to the store, the more nervous I got. 

After I chose out the pair that I wanted, the lady told me to hop up in the chair.

The one thing that I hate about Claire's is that if you decide to get your ears pierced there, you are letting the whole world see you in pain, because they set the chair that you sit on, in the doorway, so everyone looking by can see you.

So having a bunch of kids stop about 15 feet away to watch me didn't make me feel any less nervous.

After putting the marker dots on my ears, she gave me the mirror to see what I thought.

I could barley tell, since my hands were shaking like crazy, and I couldn't hold the mirror still. 

Finally, everything was ready...except me.

I grabbed hold of my mom's hand, and the lady put the gun up to my ear.

"Ready?" She asked.

After about 5 seconds of silence, I said a faint, "Yes."

"Okay...1...2...3."

Click.

I open my eyes.

I look at my mom, I look at the lady.

"That was it?"

I asked.

She nodded and smiled.

"Ready for the next one?"

I nodded, and couldn't help but smile. 

I was thinking it was going to be much worse than that. 

But it wasn't! It was a small pinch, and after she put the medicine on, It felt even better.

She held up the mirror to show me.

I liked them.

And that, was that.

So, if you are ever holding back on getting your ears pierced because of the pain, don't go looking on youtube for videos, because it won't help. Instead, just go, and get it done. I was aloud to get mine done years ago, but I held back because I was afraid.

I promise you that you won't regret it,


Anyway, hope you have a great week!

Love,
      Sam 

3 comments:

Karalee said...

That is a great story! I hope you love your newly pierced ears and get to wear lots of cute earrings!

Jasmine said...

I got my ears pierced when I was 11, I did it with a friend. It was funny because when we walked into Claire's I was like, "It's really cold" and my friend said "no, it's really hot." Cause we were both nervous! In the end, I decided that there wasn't even enough time to say ow! I think it hurts like crazy for like, 1\2 a second, which in my opinion isn't enough time to say Ow!

Kellee said...

Oh, girl I have been too scared to get mine done, too. :) I don't think I'll EVER do it... I just don't like the thought of having a HOLE in my ear. :) I'm sure they look great... Post pictures of them and your hair! :)