Thursday, December 15, 2011

Surprise!!!! (Please Read)

Last night was AMAZING!


And to tell you the truth, I had no idea that it was going to be amazing at all!


In fact, I was tricked. :)


It all started the beginning on December. I was with my friend Cori, and her mom and my mom. It was about 2 weeks till the play, and they knew that it had been very stressful for me. So, they told me that they were going to to take my mom and I out to dinner. I was excited about it, since I always like going out to eat with my friends. My mom told me that we would probably go shopping somewhere after we were finished eating. But I didn't say anything, because I didn't know what the plan was.


So, we went to BD's Mongolian BBQ. I had never been there before, and it was SOOO good!!! :)




So, once we were done eating, we left, and I thought we were going home. I did think it was kinda weird that we weren't going to the express way, but I thought maybe we were just going a backway.

Then, Cori and Abby's mom said, "I'll drop you off at the door." I looked, and she was pulling into what looked like a Hospital. Nobody else said anything, so I was like, "Where are we?" My mom looked back at me and was like, "Do you really Wanna know?"

"Yes!"

"We're going to see the Story!"

Good thing it was dark inside the car, because I am sure that I looked very surprised. 

"Really?"

"Surprise!"

Okay, so if you don't know what the Story is, I will give you a quick summary about it.


Max Lucado, the Guy who writes all those inspirational books, and makes those cute movies about a Caterpillar for kids? Well, he and this other guy produced a CD called the Story. It hosts a bunch of really popular Christian singers, singing songs from a certain Bible Character's point of view. 

Here is a list...

1) ADAM/EVE ("Good") - Matthew West & Leigh Nash (Sixpence None The Richer)
3) ABRAHAM/SARAH ("Who But You") - Mark Hall & Megan Garrett (Casting Crowns)
4) JOSEPH ("Bend") - Brandon Heath
5) MOSES ("It Must Be You") - Bart Millard (MercyMe)
6) JOSHUA ("Bring Us Home") - Michael Tait, Blanca Callahan (Group1Crew), Lecrae
7) RUTH/NAOMI ("I'm With You") - Nichole Nordeman & Amy Grant
8) DAVID ("Your Heart") - Chris Tomlin
9) DANIEL ("No Compromise") - Peter Furler
10) ESTHER ("Born For This") - Mandisa
11) JOB ("Broken Praise") - Todd Smith (Selah)
12) MARY ("Be Born In Me") - Francesca Battistelli
13) JESUS ("When Love Sees You") - Mac Powell (Third Day)
14) THIEF ("How Love Wins") - Steven Curtis Chapman
15) MARY MAGDALENE ("Alive") - Natalie Grant
16) DISCIPLES ("Empty") - Dan Haseltine (Jars of Clay) & Matt Hammitt (Sanctus Real)
17) PAUL ("Move In Me") - Jeremy Camp
18) SECOND COMING ("The Great Day") - Michael W. Smith & Darlene Zschech


Okay, so as you can see, a lot of talent. So, what we saw last night, was the Story tour, where a few of those artist came and sang that whole list of songs. 

I was most excited for Francesca Battistelli. She is my favorite singer EVER! There was also other singers there, Natalie Grant, Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Selah, Group 1 Crew, and Anthem Lights.

Once we got inside this HUGE church, it was packed! We got seated, and I was so surprised how close we were! We were on the left side of the stage in the 6th row!! It was amazing!

When it finally started, all of the artists came out and sang a Christmas song. My favorite was Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Francesca Battistelli!! :)



Then, the real show started. It started out in Genesis with Adam and Eve. That was sung by Selah, even though it was suppose to be sung by Matthew West. 


They did every song on the list. My favorites were Who but you, (Steven Curtis Chapman, and Francesca Battistelli) I'm with you (Francesca Battistelli and Natalie Grant) Be Born in Me, (Francesca Battistelli) and Alive (Natalie Grant)


The concert started at 7, and ended at about 10:30. Once it was over, we went out and got some stuff! I got a Francesca Battistelli t-shirt that has the lyrics to Free to be Me on it, The Story CD, and The Story Bracelet.


Then, the cool part happened!


So, we were standing by the Meet and Greet door. We didn't have VIP tickets, so we couldn't go in, but we were hoping to see them. Just then, BOOM! They are right next to us! I mean, Steven Curtis Chapman was like, 2 feet away from me! But I didn't see Francesca Battistelli or Natalie Grant. 


So, we stood there for a little longer, when I felt someone push up against me. This person was walking fast, and it was like they accidently walked into me. They just kept walking. Then, I looked over at the person, and guess who it was??


NATALIE GRANT!!!


LOL I know this sounds weird, but it is true! Natalie Grant walked into me! lol So, my facebook status was "I just tripped Natalie Grant!" lol Nobody got it. lol


So, that was my awesome night! I got a LOT of pictures, so here they are!!! Thanks for reading!! :)






I also got video of two of the songs.

Natalie Grant singing Alive

Francesca Battistelli singing Be Born in Me


It was an amazing night, and probably one of the best Christmas Presents I have ever gotten!! :)

Thanks for reading!
~Sam

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

I love that CD! My dad brought it home from work about a week before it came out (he works for a christian Music company).

That's a to bad that you didn't get to see Francesca. I saw her last year and Winter Jam, and Steven Curtis Chapman goes to my church, so I see him every Sunday. LOL

Samantha Bartley said...

That is so cool! I know that you live in the same city that he does, but I had no idea that you went to the same church! Is it a big church?

Julia said...

Wow! That's amazing!