Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Been Too Long...

Hey all...Remember me? My name is Sam, and I am a horrible person, because it has been almost a month since I posted...yeah...I am very sorry about that. This summer has been super busy! Let me tell you about some of the things that have been going on...

Well, on June 22th, the Movie Brave came out in the theater. I was very excited to see it. So, on the 21st, two of my cousins came over to spend the night, then, the next day, we went to see the movie.


I really enjoyed it! The movie is about sixteen year old Princess named Merida. She is full of spunk, and adventure. But the problem begins when Elinor, Merida's mom, wants her to get married. Merida has no interest in marriage, so she decides to find another way. That leads her to a witches cottage, when she gets a spell to change her mother. Unfortunately, the change is not what she expects. I would defiantly recommend this movie to Disney lovers. In fact, I loved it so much, I saw it two more times. :) 




It has also been super hot this summer! You'd think Michigan would be cold all the time, but sadly, that's not the case. It has been in the high 90's for the past month! Right now, it is 99 degrees. But I guess it is suppose to be cooler this week, so that's good. Because of the heat, we have been spending most of the time in the basement. We don't have air, so it is super hot the whole upstairs...:p I hate summer. :/


But I think the thing that has kept me off here the most, is 4-H. Yes, it is that time of year. The county fair is in less than 2 weeks, and I have been working non-stop on 4-H projects. I don't enter any animals, but I do a lot of crafts, like painting, sewing, woodworking, drawing, and other things like that. The most recent thing I did was this morning, I made a reusable bag out of one of my t-shirts. It actually turned out pretty good. I cut the sleeves, collar, and the bottom part of the shirt off, then I cut the bottom part into strips. I put pony beads on the strips, and then tied them in a knot. I am putting this under Recyclable Art. It was made from a used shirt, and it can help the environment, by not using plastic bags. I doubt I am ever going to use it, but it fit in the category, and maybe get me a blue ribbon. (I got the idea from an American Girl Magazine. It was from the Sept/Oct 2011 issue)


And Finally, I have some news...On July 28th...(11 days from now...) My blog is going to be 3 years old!! It is hard to believe that I was 13 when I started this blog. And who knows? Maybe I will still have this blog when I am an adult. That would be kinda weird...lol


So, I am going to try to do something on here as a celebration. I'm not sure what yet, maybe a giveaway, or something, but I'll figure it out! 


Anyway, thanks for reading! Hope you have a great summer!









No comments: