Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Life Changing Night

It's past 11:00pm. I want to go to sleep. I need to go to sleep. I am exhausted, but I can't. Not after all I just went though. The past few hours of my life have changed me, and I'm here to tell you about it.

I just saw Catching Fire.



Yeah, yeah, I know. That probably doesn't count as "life changing," but seriously, I went in excited, and I came out with my jaw dragging on the floor. I expected it to be good, but not that good. I mean, seriously. When Hollywood gets its hand's on a perfectly good book, most of the time, they ruin it. Although the first movie was very good, the book definitely was better. But with this one, I'm not so sure.

First off, I hate when I read a book, and then see the movie, and everything is completely different. For example, The Percy Jackson movies. Sure, those books were great. The two movies were also very good. But the movies (especially the first one) didn't have the magic the book possessed. They took out all of the best parts in the book, and added their own hint of "Hollywood magic." 9 out of 10 times, they fail. But not with this movie. Not at all.

Another thing that I loved about the movie, was that it was like my mind was projected onto the screen. Everything I pictured in the book-the settings, the characters, the arena, all of that, were exactly how the movie screen portrayed it. I mean, it was almost scary how similar they both were!

Recently, I picked up the Catching Fire book again, so it was still fresh in my mind when I went to see it. I noticed pretty quickly that a lot of the quotes used in the book were used in the movie as well. Even the part about Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors. I was for sure they were going to take that out, but they didn't.

I don't want to give anything away if you haven't already seen it. Since I did go to the premier, it technically isn't even suppose to be out until midnight tonight. But I really encourage you to go see this if you are in any way a fan of the books or the first movie. I am pretty positive you won't be disappointed coming out of the theater. I am picky when it comes to what I like on the movie screen, and I am thrilled to say that Catching Fire did this book justice.


No comments: