Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesdays with Sam

Tuesdays are one of my favorite days of the week. I only have one class that day, which means it is a little shorter than my Monday/Wednesday schedule, where I'm on campus for eight hours. Tuesdays are also nice, because I don't have to wake up too early. My class starts at 11:00am. I have to be at the college at 10:00am, because I am working as a Writing Fellow, and 10-11 is one of my tutoring times. The rest of the week I have to be at the school at 8:00am.

So today, is of course Tuesday. I had my time in the Writing Center, which was pretty simple, since I didn't have an appointment. I got to work on a little homework, and left with just enough time to stop by the library before I had to be to the band room for music class. On my way into the music room, I was informed by a fellow student that class had been cancelled. That is the reason why I am writing this rather random blog post. I returned to the library and decided to write this.

If I didn't work at the book store at 12:30pm, I could leave right now. But instead I thought I'd relax a bit. I am writing this right now, and once I am done I will probably browse the library a little longer, and try to find something that looks interesting. I have learned with college libraries, that they rarely have fiction. It's all opinion on fiction. I tried to find something as academically accurate like the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn, but all I could find was a study guide to go with it. Needless to say, there are no science fiction or John Green books on any of these shelves. I'm sure I can find something, though.

Then, I might go down to the cafeteria, and treat myself to some overpriced food. I didn't pack anything to eat today which is a mistake, and I'd rather spend my money on something that will fill me up than something from the vending machines that will just make me even more hungry.

I will have to be at the book store by 12:30pm to work, and then I get off at 2:00pm. And that is probably how I am going to spend my day at school. So if any of you were wondering, this is the life of Sam the college student. Don't ask my about my Monday and Wednesday schedule, though. You will probably wish then that you will never have to go to college ever.

So, I guess that's it from me. Sorry about the random post. The first thing that came to mind when I sat down at one of the many computers here in the library was "Let's write a blog post." So I hope those of you who still follow me have enjoyed this little "Story of my life."

Have a great day!!

No comments: