Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I haven't been on my blog what seams like forever. First, I'm going to give another clue about my party. Clue #2: it dosn't cost any money. Keep guessing! But now I'm going to show you how to make the best Mac and Cheese ever. It's from the American Girl Kit Cook Book. So Here is the Recipe.
* 1 Stick of butter divided
* 8 ounces of (or 2 cups) of Macaroni noodles
* 2 1/4 cups milk
* 4 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* Large casserole dish
* Large saucepan
* Measuring cups and spoons
* Wooden Spoons
* Small skillet
* Pot holders
1. Preheat the oven to 375*. Grease the casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of butter. Set Dish aside.
2. Pour 2 quarts of water into the large saucepan. Cover the pan and set it over haigh heat. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Add the noodles. Turn the heat to medium. Boil the noodles for 8 min. Stir occasionally.
4. Set the colander in the sink. Pour the noodles into the colander. Rinse the noodles with cold water. Put them back in the pan. Set the pan aside.
5. In a saucepan, heat the milk on medium high. Stir constantly until steaming hot but not boiling. Remove from heat.
6. In the other saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Be carful not to let it burn. When the butter is melted, stir the flouer, salt, and pepper.
7. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture. Turn the heat to medium high. Cook the mixture for 5 min, stir constantly.
8. Remove the saucepan from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese. Stir mixture until all the cheese is melted.
9. Put half the noodles into the casserole dish. Cover with half the cheese sauce. Sprinkle 1/4 cups of grated cheese. Repeat with the rest of the noodles, cheese sause, and grated cheese.
10. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet over low heat. Add the bread crumbs. Stir until all the crumbs are moistened.
11. Sprinkle the crumbs over the macaroni and cheese. Bake the dish uncoverd for 25 min, or until browned up. Serve hot. Serves 4. (my family doubles the recipie because there are 6 in mine)
I know it take a long time, but it is SO worth it! I hope if you try it, you will enjoy it!!!