Monday, February 22, 2010

Letter from American Girl

Hey Guys!!! It's Sammy! (Well, I guess you already knew that because well... oh, never mind) Anyway, the other day, I sent American Girl a letter about Samantha and Kirsten. Here is the letter I wrote to them.


Hello AG!!!

I just had a question about the archived dolls.
How long will they be gone? Or are they never coming back?

Thanks for your time!
(And for making the coolest dolls ever) -Samantha


And today, I got a letter back saying this.

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking time to express your feelings about our decision to
move Samantha® and Kirsten® to the American Girl Archives?. We are very
sorry for the disappointment this has caused you. We know these
characters touched the lives of millions of girls over the past 22
years.

There is a possibility that we will reintroduce Samantha and Kirsten at
a future date, but no specific plans have been made at this time.

As they were limited editions, past Girl of the Year dolls and their
accessories are no longer available. Each of the Girl of the Year
books, however, is still available for sale through our catalogue and in
bookstores everywhere.

Thank you for your interest in American Girl®.

Sincerely,

American Girl® Customer Service
Phone: 1-800-845-0005 or 608-831-5210
Fax: 608-828-4790
Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time

I hope they bring Kirsten and Samantha back, and if they do, Very Soon! But I'm sad that they won't bring the Girls of the Years back. I really wanted Jess, Mia, or Nicki. Oh well. Anyway, I thought I would share that with all of you.

That's it! ~Sammy

No comments: