Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Lips Are Sealed.

So much for posting every other day. Ha! Who knew that It would take me a week to think of something to post about! I'm still not sure what I am going to talk about in this post, but oh well. I will think of it as it comes.

Oh! I know something I can talk about!


Actually, I can't talk about it. But I will post about it. I can't talk about it because today, I am not talking at all.

No joke.

See, we do this thing in my youth group called "Credo."

What it is, is a journal/devotional thing. At the beginning of each month, we get a booklet with daily devotions in it. Only, this isn't your average devotion. We do really weird stuff that go with the theme for that month. This month, we are talking about Words. And  how some words are bad, and some are good. And how we need to use our words to build people up, and not knock them down. We have had to do things like, wear a band-aid on your hand all day, and when you are about to say something mean, look at your band-aid and  remember not to. Little fun things like that. Well, what we were supposed to on Friday was...



But I forgot to do it. So I'm making it up today, and am following threw with it. Now, I wasn't sure if I should talk more, or less. Because I am rather shy when it comes to strangers. But I talk people's ears off when I know them very well. So, I decided that I was going to use less words today. (Since I'm not going anywhere) The day is more that halfway over already, and I haven't said a thing. I made sure my mom knew I was doing this, so she didn't think I was just ignoring her. This has taught me that I talk WAY to much. And I need to listen more often.

Also...

My birthday is in 17 days!! :) I'm really excited, but it seams like it has come SUPER fast! I mean, looking at posts from last year, I was already planning my Birthday party at the beginning of January. And now, it's halfway threw February, and I don't know what I am doing.

I don't think it is going to be a surprise party for my guests again like it was last year, where they didn't know what was going on at the party until like, the week of. Mostly, just because I had months and months of planning for that. This year, I'm not sure.

I had the idea for a movie making party, which I really liked, where we would go around town and make a movie. But...since my birthday is at the beginning of March, I don't think it would be much fun making a movie when you are walking threw snow, and freezing! So, then I thought I could not have the party till April or May, so that it will be nicer out...but like I said, I am not sure. So...I will just be thinking about it. Maybe I will just have a bunch of friends over for cake and pizza. Not really themed, but fun.

If you guys have any ideas for a party I could do, PLEASE let me know! I don't want to spend money to have it done, like, bowling, or something like that. But something that won't cost me any money, but still be super fun.

Well, I guess that's it!!
Oh, remember to like my facebook page! "Saved by Grace (Sammy's blog)"
Thanks guys!!! ~Sammy

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Hmmmm, is this 15? As a 13 year old, I don't really know what 15 year olds like... Think of your favorite youth group events, and the kind of things you do there.

Maybe you could have a spa party with nail painting, (cheap) facial masks, and hairstlying.

Or an Indoor game night, where you go to the dollar store, by a big old basket full of candy and small prizes (pencils, notepads, nail polish, hair barrettes, etc.), and play lots of board games, card games, relays, etc.